The openspine is a world-unique new machine for opening the binding section of book blocks.
This machine add-on was developed to allow users to bind books inhoude that can normally only be bound with PUR applications. It is a very inexpensive and easy to use alternative to the costly complexities of outsourcing high risk binding jobs.
When used in combination with doublebinding book binders, the result is books that have practically unequaled binding strength and a very high degree of layflat quality. This makes it possible to bind books that have high gloss paper, very thick paper, short grain paper, or fuser oil and ink coverage to an extent that would have ruled out the possibility of using any perfect binding machines.
This is a perfect solution for high gloss, high value products such as annual general reports, year books and even photo books.
The Openspine machine is inexpensive and easy to use. It works in combination with any vorTEX or Spineflex book binder, or any machine that employs doublebinding technology.
The Openspine does not work with perfect binding machines at all, as the openspine pattern does not compliment spine notching of perfect binding machines in any way.
See the video: https://youtu.be/UX2Hmo8Gu9E
- The Openspine is a very inexpensive product.
- Off-line operation means that book blocks can be pre-prepared and collated as a separate operation before being sent on to the binding machine, which if cleverly used, can simplify workflow in smaller operations.
- The Openspine is a way of gaining maximum value from your existing Spineflex or vorTEX doublebinding machines.
- Lightweight and easy to ship, store, move and transport.
- Plugs into standard electric mains, 220V or as specified by the user.
- Enables the user to provide a range of books which is normally beyond the capabilities of smaller producers to manufacture in-house. This saves turnaround time, increases profit margins, ensure maximum quality assurance, and broadens the product range.